Want to get involved in Student Ministry?
Step 1 – Express Interest
- You may have interest but are unsure as to where you can serve within Student Ministry. We want to partner with you to discover what ministry God has for you.
- Spend some time browsing theharbor.life/students – read through descriptions of programs/events, watch some messages, etc. to get a feel for who The Harbor Students is and what we do.
- Click here for The Harbor Students Vision.
Step 2 – Application Process
- In the application process, you will be required to upload a completed Background Check form. Download form here. Complete the form (it must have your physical signature) and scan (or take a legible picture of it) so it will be ready to upload when you complete your application.
- Click here to complete your volunteer application. Once you have submitted your application, you will be contacted to set up a time to meet with one of the Student Pastors.
- If you are unsure of your spiritual gifting, you may click here for a spiritual gift test.
Step 3 – First Meeting with the The Harbor Students Staff
- This is an opportunity for us to get to know each other and to talk about your desire to be involved in Student Ministry
- You will receive a general overview of the ministry. We will also talk through your application, spiritual gifts, and where God could be leading you to get involved with Student Ministry.
Step 4 – Consider the Commitment
- We want you to take time to pray and think through this commitment as well as seek counsel from family and/or friends about this commitment.
- When you know for sure God is leading you to invest in the lives of students for Christ, please sign and turn in the ALT Commitment.
- NOTE: We take the values expressed in the ALT Commitment very seriously and are responsible to God for holding all our Adult Leaders accountable to living out these values. We do this because we love God, our students and you. Please prayerfully consider your commitment.
Step 5 – Second Meeting with The Harbor Students Staff (if necessary)
- If you are not placed in an area of leadership based on gifting during or after the first meeting with The Harbor Students staff, then this will allow us to match you with an area of leadership that best suits your gifts.
Step 6 – Begin Ministry
- This date will vary depending on your involvement, your desire and the season of ministry The Harbor Students is currently in.
Step 7 – Recommit
- It is our goal to think long term and build a team that will consistently live to make an impact in students’ lives for Christ – to make disciple-making disciples of Jesus.
- At the end of the school year, if you sense God is leading you in a different direction, we want to pray for you and with you as you seek His will. Let us know if you are sensing you will not recommit for the following school year. We want you serving where God wants you.
- Before the beginning of the following school year will be a natural time for you to step out of Student Ministry. We ask that you fulfill your commitment to serve students through the end of August.
Step 8 – Recruit Other Adult Leaders
- The best recruiters of adult leaders are current adult leaders.
- As you gain confidence through your months and years of experience, you will be able to introduce others to Student Ministry.
- Inform and work with The Harbor Students Staff to pursue these individuals and clearly present our vision to them.
- At this point, we want you to take an active role in shepherding and encouraging new adult leaders.