Are you wondering what we believe, how we put what we believe into practice, what programs we have, or anything else about The Harbor? Come to our Newcomers Lunch! At the Newcomer’s Lunch, you will meet our board members and some of our staff. During lunch Senior Pastor Rick Baldwin will share about The Harbor, making time to answer any questions you may have. Come prepared for a casual time to enjoy a meal, meet our team, and learn more about The Harbor. We have our Newcomers Lunch twice each year. The next one is Sunday, August 25, 2019, right after the 11:00 AM service, in The Foundry. No RSVP is necessary, and childcare is provided. We hope you will come check us out with an open heart. We would love to meet you!
To become a member of The Harbor, you are required to attend a Membership Class. Membership Class is for new members or those who are past members that did not renew at the last church-wide member renewal meeting. The next Membership/Renewal Class is Sunday, May 19, 2019, 9:30 – 10:45 AM, in The Harbor Room. Please register here.
At the Membership Class, we will:
- Go over what it means to be a Christian, and why becoming a member matters at The Harbor
- Address any questions you may have as we share our mission, core values, and philosophy
- Allow us to meet and get to know you, and allow you to get to know us
Click here to check out our Mission Statement and Core Values.
For more on membership contact Jo Roscoe.
To watch the required membership/renewal video, click here.
Having trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and being in agreement with The Harbor mission, beliefs, and vision, I desire to commit to The Harbor as a member. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members, to the following:
- I will seek to love Jesus deeply, to become His fully devoted follower, and to experience all that it means to be “fully alive” in Him.
- I will support my church family by doing the following:
— Attending faithfully
— Praying regularly
— Giving generously of my time, abilities, and financial resources.
- I understand it is “normal” for a HARBOR member to
— Participate in weekend services and HARBOR Small Groups
— Serve in some capacity at THE HARBOR
- I will share Jesus with others by doing the following:
— Investing in friendships with people who don’t yet know Jesus Christ (“Top Three”)
— Inviting those people to attend THE HARBOR
— Warmly welcoming new people (“Three-Minute Rule”)
- I will solidify the unity of my church by doing the following:
— Acting in love towards others
— Solving disputes Biblically (see Matthew 18:15-20)
— Refusing to gossip or listen to it
— Following the church leaders as they follow Christ
If you are in agreement with these statements and wish to complete your Membership Covenant, click here.